26 Jan Welcome to My House
Super Bowl LII (52) is on Sunday, February 4, 2018 at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The New England Patriots will try to defend their title against the Philadelphia Eagles. Although Super Bowl Sunday is not declared national holiday, you wouldn’t know it! Americans love their football and the Super Bowl is the biggest game and watch party of the season! Is your home equipped to hold the ultimate Super Bowl party? Maybe you are thinking about building your dream home with Spectacular Homes and you want to have an epic “Man Cave” to host all your friends over for the big game! We’ve complied a quick list to help you achieve your Super Bowl-worthy man cave that can make your house the hottest ticket in town for the big game!
- The space needs to be large enough to accommodate a large group. Most likely, your large group of friends is going to want to sit down, so you need to have enough seating options available. You don’t want your guests sitting on the arms of your favorite recliner! If you must, consider fold-up chairs as an added option. They can easily be stored in a closet and can be pulled out if you need to accommodate even more fans.
- Full bars are an essential component of the perfect man cave. You can server your friends without missing a second of the game. Consider a small sink and mini refrigerator to make the party perfect. The bar will also provide counter space for snacks and wings. Because it’s not a Super Bowl Party without Super Bowl Snacks!
- It’s best to choose a place in your home that is close to the kitchen. The bar will help with the cold drinks, but if you are planning on serving those wings, you will want them to be hot and fresh. You don’t want to miss out on the action by spending too much time going back and forth between the kitchen and your cave.
- Food and drink will be spilled in your man cave. There is no avoiding it! Make sure and use hardwood, tile or new laminate that looks like wood in your space. Carpet is a “no-go”. Why add any stress to your dream room? Stick with surfaces that can be easily wiped or mopped!
- Don’t just hang up your TV and leave the wires for all to see. Ask your builder to have the carpenter design you a featured entertainment center with a place for your DVR box and your sound system. The extra attention to detail will complete the look of your man cave.
It might be a bit late to start on your man cave before the 2018 Super Bowl, but it’s not to early to start thinking about next football season. Let Spectacular Homes build your dream home and we can make your man cave a reality!